Wednesday 19 October 2011

PLAN


I'm sure you recall me going on,and on..and on about plan in the summer- well, I've done it! I'm sponsoring a child to go to school to help make an underdeveloped community sustainable.

I said I didn't mind which country the child was from- in honesty I don't mind. I have never lived in any of the countries that plan work with- so I am not capable of judging where my pennies are best spent.

today I had my joining pack- and here is the child I am helping:



I didn't realise how involved the charity likes people to be- apparently we are expected to write! :S eek

we are also encouraged to visit. but that sounds rather intrusive and scary so I'll leave it.

I am however rather looking forward to my letter.

it's a bit crazy to think that £15 a month could have such a huge difference to someones life- £15 a month- I spend more than that in the pub, or at the cinema or in tesco on silly things I don't need but just "want".
in actual fact- sponsoring a child is less expensive than buying a months supply of hair conditioner! just to try and put the cost into perspective.

I'm not sure I've ever spent a better £15.
:D


1 comment: