Sunday 15 May 2011

Primary placement

For 2 days last week I was on primary placement at a local school - just to see how the pupils are taught & what they're taught really- it was verso cute but I'm very glad to be back at "big school" now with my stroppy teenage classes & their attitude.

yeah, I know, but I never was one for making things easy for myself.

Primary school was good fun though- we identified trees using books and by looking at their leaves and bark. and we talked about photosynthesis which mostly was waaayyyy over their heads. I told them they could work out hold old a tree was when it was cut down by counting the rings on the timber- they we're much more into that.
It was a moment when I kinda wished I'd kept my moth shut to keep them on task- but enthusiasm isn't to be sniffed at and I couldn't believe that no-one had tld any of those 30 kids that before- I remember counting tree rings when I was only just in primary school- not when I was leaving it!

Annnddd we wrote our own welsh legends. that was pretty fun.

the funniest thing that happened was that one child in a lower year tried to run away from school- h told all the teachers he was running away after break, and when he attempted to make his escape he took his bag with him- except the bag got him stuck in the fence.
so he had to be rescued.
escape attempt = foiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment