Sunday 15 May 2011

making random friends (DON'T MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH PEOPLE IN SUPERMARKETS)

OK, this is a bit of a rambling story.
bear with me.

Last sunday I went to lidals to get some breakfast for me and my wife. So I'm here, blearry eyed an the scurit bloke is kinda following me.
no, the security in Lidas, in Splott often follow people- Infact I get followed all the time. So I thought, I'll just smile at him, If he's going to folow me round whilst I buy all my shopping we may as well be on friendly terms.
that was my fatal error.
so then hes like "its nice to see a smile in the mornings- you've made my day"
and I was just akinda like" thanks".

so he went away, I got my shopping, paid for it, didn't think anything more of it.
And he stopped me on the way out of the shop.
At this point I was pretty annoyed coz he'd watched me pay for everything & I had the receipt in my hand.
hes like "so, you live near here?" and I do so i said yeah, he explained where he lived and we talked a bit about splott and I made my escape with my slowly defrosting shopping.

Later on then, like 6 or 7pm I was in Traffs room (he has a downstairs bedroom, with a big window facing out onto the street, and the bed against the window- for anyone not privy to our sleeping arrangements- as this is vital to your understanding of this story)
So I was working o my computer, lying on the bed with the curtains open, and there's a knock on the window- i look up and its the lidals man!
I didn't even tell him my address!

So I went and answred the door & we had a chat for almost an hour & off he went.

He seemed lovely & friendly- not creepy and stalkerish- but it was an odd experience none the less.

so, I seem to have made myself a new friend.
by accident.
but still, It made my day more exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment