Wednesday 2 March 2011

woopies! (not woopsies... the "s" makes all the difference)




Yeah, this was more curiosity than anything- Abi introduced me to this idea like more than a year ago (You had the recipie you got sent from america stuck on your kitchen notice board when I came to stay with you last) and it made me curious.
apparently they are some kind of "cake craze" from the USA.
now, I am a conosseur of cake. So I got involved.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't like them. Too sweet..Too much icing not enough actual cake..everyone says they're like "a cross between a cake and a biscuit" but they're more like what happens when you use plain flour and no baking powder.
so, there you have it.

Obviously I had to eat 1 and 1/2 to make sure my judgement was fair (with tea) an just to be absolutely certain I may have to try the other 2 flavours co-op sells (otherwise it wouldn't be a fair test, now would it?)
I'm in no rush though.

Fairy cakes next time please- I am a cake traditionalist. these fancy new inventions won't change my mind!
:P

No comments:

Post a Comment