Thursday 3 March 2011

bookshop

Today I went to the second had book shop in Brecon- Its an adventure in itself- It doesn't look very big from the street but inside its massive and all warreny with piles of books everywhere and no real order!
It smells good though.
I like how bookshops smell..it's quite comforting in a weird way.
The man who runs it was lovely too- really helpful although slightly suspicious. maybe I don't look like I can be trusted.Or maybe I look illiterate? who knows.

I could spend all day mooching round in second hand bookshops- I love opening books and finding parts of other peoples lives- bookmarks, postcards, names in the front or notes in factual books (sometimes in literature books too!).
actually, I just love books.

I got 3 very 70s books- one on china, one on india and one on the arctic.
all great big things with colour photos!
and now they're making my room smell book-ish and musty. good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment